Journey into Email Marketing
I started my journey into email marketing about 2 years ago when I only had a few months of experience in the field. Predictable Revenue trusted me to run my own research in terms of best practices, test it out and keep the newsletter alive. As I gained confidence in writing emails, I slowly transitioned to full ownership of our email marketing efforts.
The biggest learning I've had in this process is that the way we reach and connect with our audience is constantly changing and evolving. Be curious, keep testing, and never settle. There is always room for improvement! And hey, learn to take rejection with a smile, no matter how good your email is, there is always going to be that one person that just hates it.
Nuggets of Wisdom
- Write the same way as you speak, nobody wants to talk to a robot.
- Find your own voice. People relate better to other people, not companies.
- Don't add too many CTAs - it makes your emails look sales-y and takes away the focus.
- Be respectful of people’s inboxes, sometimes less is more.
- Your emails should be educational and informative. Focus on providing value and conversions will follow.
- Test, test, test. Find out what works for you specifically by constantly running A/B tests.
- Do your research! What's working for others that you could try? (I subscribe to different newsletters to see what resonates with me as the reader.)
Hey human, got an email story to tell?