AMP for email is going to change the way people decipher email marketing campaigns. Before diving deep into the topic, let us rewind a little to understand its significance better.
Remember those early days of the internet when we all signed up for our first email-ID? Before social media, emails made the world smaller with better reach. So, it is no surprise that email marketing is the most trustworthy and profitable digital marketing strategy.
Research shows that the conversion rate for business email is highest. For every $1 you spend on a business email, you get an average return of $38. Even the customers like to communicate through email. Studies reveal that around 72% of customers prefer emails for business communication.
Despite the positive trend and the success rate, emails do limit the scope of real-time integration and creativity. Emails are static, cannot contain a CTA button and hamper an interactive experience. These disadvantages are glaring when it comes to customer retention and interaction.
However, the introduction of AMP in an email is about to change everything. This technology changes the way email works and provides a lot of scope to marketers for their campaign. Now, your email campaigns will be personalized and a lot more fun.
In this article, we will introduce you to AMP for email and the difference it will make to your digital marketing strategies.
WHAT IS AMP FOR EMAIL?
What happens when you get a basic, static email? It will probably contain a stylish font, an interesting picture and an attractive layout. To access a service or a webpage, you will need to open a new tab, click another link or visit another website.
AMP for email makes this communication more interactive by enabling element like carousels, accordions, and purchase buttons. With AMP for e-mails, you don't need to open any other tab to access a link. This gives a webpage-like feel to the emails.
Now, email marketing can be more engaging, interactive and actionable.
LET'S GET TECHNICAL. HOW DOES AMP FOR EMAIL WORK?
By using the AMP advantage, you can now provide a rich user experience. AMP for email gives you the power of putting your best creative foot forward.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AMP FOR EMAIL?
- DYNAMIC EMAILS: AMP lets you make your content for versatile. You can include form submission with the help of amp-form. Your form can also have a multi-select widget with an amp-selector.
- FUN LAYOUT: Unlike the rigid layout of static emails, AMP for email helps you incorporate various elements that will completely alter the look of a mail. With this, your layout can have -
- An option of hiding/showing different sections with amp-accordion.
- Carousels with amp-carousels.
- Better navigation with amp-sidebar.
- A lightbox for images with amp-image-lightbox.
- A component that will help you set text in a certain area with amp-fit-text.
- Timestamps with amp-timeago.
- LIGHTNING MEDIA: A heavier media makes a file heavier and slow. Amp-img replaces "image" and amp-anim helps in embedding GIF files.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE EXCITED FOR AMP FOR E-MAIL?
As a digital marketing strategist, AMP for emails is a piece of great news. We will tell you how --
- AMP is a boon for e-commerce. In a static email, you could show your users' pictures and different styles. But, buying the product would require another tab to be opened. With AMP, you can get your users to complete the order in the mail.
- Tracking delivery of an order in the mail would also become possible with AMP. You can allow real-time tracking instead of just sending status updates.
- Booking also becomes easy with AMP. A user can find empty seats, offers and location in the mail without the hassle of changing the tab.
- Sending invitations become easier, too. Now, a user can RSVP for an event or leave a necessary comment in the mail.
AMP for email is the right move by Google to empower emails. Email marketers can utilize this to make their campaigns more engaging. It is now time for u to wait and watch how this changes the scenario. Until then, do let us know if you have any questions regarding AMP for email.