Product recommendation emails help in luring customers back, driving more sales, and increasing conversions. Marketers analyze a buyer’s purchase history and browsing behavior to drive revenue and optimize conversions.
Table of Content
- Why should you send Product Recommendation emails?
- Strategy for crafting a Product Recommendation email
- Giveaway: Ready-to-use Product Recommendation email template
- How to use this email giveaway series for your e-commerce brand?
- Takeaways: Product Recommendation email best practices
- Mailmodo helps Ecommerce SMBs Increase Sales with Product Recommendation Emails
Why should you send Product Recommendation emails?
The best e-commerce marketers use algorithms to track a customer’s past history. This information helps them understand a customer’s past purchases and helps them make recommendations that customers are likely to click. By creating dynamic personalized recommendations, buyers have an opportunity to directly make a purchase from within an email itself, thereby resulting in increased conversions and sales.
Strategy for crafting a Product Recommendation email
When to send:
Product recommendations emails could be sent out at various times during the life cycle of a shopper. You may send them when you are –
1.Introducing a new line of products
2.Trying to focus on a specific line of products/ seasonal products
3.Focusing on products that are marked for specific sales, discounts, or offers
- As a part of a monthly or bi-weekly newsletter subscription
How to send:
Product recommendation emails can be of 2 kinds – generic & specific.
Generic emails can be sent in bulk to users for whom you lack proper behavioral data. For such users, you could send recommendations based on various segments such as bestseller products, seasonal items, most viewed or bought items, personal recommendations, new arrivals, items on discount or price drop, etc.
Specific product recommendation emails rely on displaying specific products to users based on their past shopping behavior or latest browsing history.
What to write:
– Focus on specific products and add relevant visuals and product information – for example, focusing on a single range, line, color, or vision of associated items.
– instead of selling a single item, you could sell an entire product line and accessories. For example, if you are a fashion e-commerce marketer, send products that can make an entire outfit; if you are an e-commerce furniture store, send products that make up an entire room. This directs the consumer to make several purchases and encourages them to browse the entire store.
Use AMP emails to send interactive product recommendations to customers. In such an event, if they like a product, they can click it to make an instant purchase without visiting your app or online store.
Your product recommendation emails need to be personalized. They typically contain an attention-grabbing header such as –
People who viewed this also bought
You may also like
Recommended for you
Price drop/back in stock
Limited edition offers just for you
Alternatively, the headers could be specific to a campaign.
To ensure a customer takes advantage of a product recommendation email, you can add a promo code, discount or exclusive coupon to the email. These are best sent with welcome product recommendation emails, especially when you are trying to make a great first impression with buyers, and get them to browse your e-commerce store.
Giveaway: Ready-to-use Product Recommendation email template
How to use this email giveaway series for your e-commerce brand?
As a part of the lifecycle email template and email series, we will share guides, best practices, and ideas behind implementing this for your e-commerce store. These templates and series are designed to help you achieve the maximum benefits of email marketing with minimum effort.
4 steps to lifecycle marketing for your e-commerce brand:
- To access these templates sign up with Mailmodo.
- Customize the template quickly in under 120 seconds.
- Add your sender email and domain
- Start sending AMP emails to your consumers and build brand loyalty and higher sales.
In case you are a Shopify user you can use Shopify store integration with Mailmodo to build on this email series.
Takeaways: Product Recommendation email best practices
To ensure effective product recommendations, we suggest you be mindful of the following –
-Analyse Buyer Behaviour
Different customers employ different criteria to make purchases – and it’s essential that you understand each customer and why they make specific purchases. For example, some customers may only purchase eco-friendly products; others purchase products specific to a single colour.
- Test Marketing Campaigns & Strategies
Use A/B testing to understand which products perform better than others. This will help you in narrowing your recommendations down and sending relevant recommendations that can convert.
- Hit the right number
The number of recommendations you send is up to you. The recommendations need to be relevant, and should not be repeated or spammy.
- Social Proof
Most customers want social proof before they make purchases. In your product recommendations, make sure the products recommended are ‘most viewed’, ‘bestsellers’, or have favorable reviews and testimonials from buyers – this will help in making your products more credible.
Mailmodo helps Ecommerce SMBs Increase Sales with Product Recommendation Emails
Personalized product recommendation emails are a great strategy to increase conversions and generate more revenue. The better the recommendations, the more interested customers become. To make relevant recommendations, you need to focus on using data correctly, analyzing it, and ensuring that shoppers will make a purchase based on the suggestions. Mailmodo helps e-commerce businesses like yours send out highly personalized and interactive product recommendations emails.